My first book “App Savvy” (O’Reilly) is a strategy and marketing guide to successfully launch mobile applications. Releasing at #1 in the mobile category on Amazon.com in late 2010, it’s still applicable and relevant today, regularly receiving five star reviews.
App Savvy: Turning Ideas into iPhone and iPad Apps Customers Really Want
How can you make your iPhone or iPad app stand out in the highly competitive App Store? Many books only explore the technical aspects of iPhone and iPad app design and development. App Savvy also focuses on the business, product, and marketing elements critical to pursuing, completing, and selling your app. This practical reference shows you how to engage customers early and often, so you can get their input for creating an app they’ll be passionate about.
Whether you’re a designer, developer, entrepreneur, or someone who simply has a great idea for an app, App Savvy explains every step in the process, with guidelines for making your app unique, addressing budget items, and finding the right app developer. The iPhone and iPad will continue to demand the attention of consumers, the media, and organizations of all sizes. This book shows you how to take advantage of this growing market.
- Learn specifics about the App Store, Apple’s mobile devices, and iOS 4.0
- Follow guidelines for vetting and researching app ideas
- Begin talking with customers and marketing your app before it’s built
- Assemble the right team, understand costs, and establish a workable process
- Assess performance and improve an app once launched into the App Store
- Read extensive interviews with successful small and large app developers
You can also check out the App Savvy webpage. »